While Lily and Lithrum

While Lily and Lithrum
watercolour - this painting and the one above are ready for showing in an exhbition at the Aroma Coffee House in October

Poppies

Poppies
watercolour

Wednesday 17 September 2008

My first Altered Book

I have just signed up to do a Round Robin altered Book. This will be my first attempt at this and I think it is going to be fun.

First I had to get an old book to alter, something I didn't find very easy. I love books and nothing gets thrown out so even finding and using a very old book was like betraying an old friend. But, I dug out a very little used Indian cookery book, it only measures about 5 by 4 inches and has a hard cover, which I understand is good to start with and being small will not be too expensive to send to the others in the round robin. My little book, when I have finished my pages in it will be travelling around Europe for the next few months, I don't know when I will see it again.

Here's a picture of the 2-page spread with tags ready for the other artists to complete when they have finished their art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your message here -

My art journal

My art journal
First spread in my journal

Round Robin Pictures

Round Robin Pictures
one of my pages in "Venise ... Masks"

Tree Journal

Tree Journal
one of my pages in"Trees"