While Lily and Lithrum

While Lily and Lithrum
watercolour - this painting and the one above are ready for showing in an exhbition at the Aroma Coffee House in October

Poppies

Poppies
watercolour

Tuesday 2 September 2008

I've not been around for a while

We have been quite busy just lately with lots of visitors. From the middle of August to date we have had people staying with us, it's been great but it does not leave much time for updating blogs and web sites, etc.

First there was my family here, filling up the bedrooms and even one, a grandaughter, sleeping on a put-u-up in our art-cum-dining-cum-sitting room. One of the days found me, my sister, my son and the grandaughter, on top of a local hill. We climbed Quothquan Law in Lanarkshire, I think we found the hardest way up but found an easy way down. We were just climbing the last few paces when we saw a large bull standing staring at us. He wasn't any bother though just watched us as we crept by and out of his way. The views were lovely as you can see here.

Whilst the family were here we had a visit from my sister-in-law, her husband and her daughter and son-in-law and a friend of the family.

When the family left to go home my sister-in-law came to stay with us for a week then when they left we had someone in who wanted a bed and breakfast place to stay. So I was kept rather busy for a while.

Things are getting back to normal now and we had the art group members here this afternoon. Everyone was concentrating on their latest piece of art but I can't seem to work up any enthusiasm. I think it's because my mind is on other things still, like researching my family history. I am tracing my late husband's line and have had some success so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your message here -

My art journal

My art journal
First spread in my journal

Round Robin Pictures

Round Robin Pictures
one of my pages in "Venise ... Masks"

Tree Journal

Tree Journal
one of my pages in"Trees"