While Lily and Lithrum

While Lily and Lithrum
watercolour - this painting and the one above are ready for showing in an exhbition at the Aroma Coffee House in October

Poppies

Poppies
watercolour

Wednesday 30 July 2008

My new project

The pictures above and to the right are of my latest swap.

One of the Internet groups I am in has set up a "Baggies swap". Participating members are paired up and each person sends the other a bag of bits and pieces, for instance, decorative papers, embellishments, fibres, buttons, tags, brads, etc., anything that will fit into a sandwich size plastic bag. From this we each create something from those items, we don't have to use them all and we can add some from our own stash if we wish.

I was paired up with Viki from Kentucky, USA. This is what I made for her. The box was made from acetate sheet and decorated with Viki's paper. I cut the sides with my Bind-it-all machine and used raffia to lace them up. Then I made a small art journal book, the pages of which I had hand painted and I wire bound it with the Zutter binder. With more of the items Viki sent I was able to make three tags to add to the box. Everything was given plenty of fibres and ribbons to tie it all together.

It was great fun to do and it is good to be able to exchange ideas with like-minded people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your message here -

My art journal

My art journal
First spread in my journal

Round Robin Pictures

Round Robin Pictures
one of my pages in "Venise ... Masks"

Tree Journal

Tree Journal
one of my pages in"Trees"